Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Dang girl da back of yo head is ridicalus"

Hi fam. Ok I am keeping this email short today because I am going to try to write back to a lot of you individually.
 
First matter of bidness: You are ALL in trouble. Any one of you reading this now. Cuz NOObody sent me ANY pictures of Sarah's wedding that happened almost a MONTH ago. So, you can all go log on to facebook, insta, whatever and send those NOW! shmanks.
 
Second, send letters, packages, and Bandit to this address:
Sister Emily Curtis
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington
London
England SW7 2PA
 
Third: I have sent letters to Pokie and Bacob so hopefully you get them! postage is pretty espensive (a little over a dollar) so if you send one make sure to check it is enough
 
fourth: anybody have good ideas on how to get my ward excited about mish work and how to get them more involved? good ward activites to have? Mom this is where you come in with your brilliant ideas
 
fifth: there is an elder curtis here and we think we are related! dad can i get some good ancestor info? he has some from scotland and england like we do. He also said his curtis comes from a famous judge in like colorado or somewhere with a c.
 
sixth: I cannot stress this enough. MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK. Work with the missionaries you know and get them some dang referrals! if you dont know any, find some!! referalls are the best thing you can do for a missionary. if you have not noticed by the hastening the work broadcast, it is clear that our church is trying to head a new direction with missionary work. So bare your testimony, invite people to church, give people pass along cards, and become a missionary! and dont use the excuse that you live in utah and there are no non members. Get less actives, find the nonmembers, and answer the call of the prophet! ok that is enough for my lecturing this week:)
 
here is a little letter for you:  There were many times this week where I felt discouraged and sad. I think that it might be home sickness mixed with many investigators not showing up to appointments. But I have been praying to Heavenly Father really hard to just help me be happy. I feel that I have been able to be happier than at the beginning of the week. And there is one experience that I would like to share with you. The other day sister Hymas and I were walking to an appointment and a woman was carrying things from her car to a building. I asked if she needed any help and she was quick to say yes! There was another woman with her that was there as well and as we walked past she said, "hello sisters!". We were both shocked and started talking with her to find out how she knew about the term "sisters". Come to find out, she is a member of our ward but has been inactive for years now! So we set an appointment to meet with her for this morning (Monday morning) and we just got back from that appointment now. After getting to know her story better when we met, we started to bring the church in to the conversation and found out that she met the missionaries just before she was married and was baptised just one week after meeting them! Not short after, her fiance was baptised as well. Sadly, over time they have become less active due to many excuses that she so easily gave us. Without even forcing it out of her though, the magical words "I'm ready to come back to church" came out of her mouth! What an incredible thing for us to hear. We have made plans to meet with her and her husband soon and hope to bring them both closer to Christ.
oh and her name is Yvonne and i cannot help but think of "da back of yo head is ridicalus" youtube video every time that i say her name.

I am working my hardest to stay happy and positive but I know that it will be a process and this is what the Lord sees is best for me now.
 
Love,
Em (don't tell anyone I signed my name like that I just really like to be called Em and not Sister Curtis)
 
play station i sent a lot of pictures to sarah so make sure she gets them up on the blog and facebook thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment