Tuesday, October 1, 2013

subway

well hello there,

Hi family. How are you? How is school? How are the elections? How is P-town? How is Bandit? How are the Utah Jazz?

well guess what?! transfers are next week. crazy right? it seems like it was just transfers for the last one. So, because sister Hymas and I have been together for 2 transfers now, it is unlikely that we will be again so i will probably get a new companion. WEIRD. I really like sister h so its really super sad but at the same time change will be fun! Any guesses of what will happen to me? My guess is that Im staying and sister h will be leaving. Who knows though? not me thats for sure!
So let me tell you about one of our investigators! His name is Harry. We met him 2 P-days (so 2 weeks ago) ago at Subway. (sorry if i have arleady told you about him i really dont remember but as i am typing this i actually do remember that i have never told you about him but i am too lazy to delete this so i will just keep it anyway). I was really bumped that we had to spend money to eat out cuz i dont like to do that but we had no time to go back to the flat so we went to subway. Harry works at subway and he was making me my salad and sister hymas' sandwich! we were talking with him and invited him to church and to learn more. Because there was a line, we didnt have much time but we gave him our card with our number on it and told him to message us. We got a text ten minutes later! We taught him the next day and long story short he is set for babtism on October 19th if all goes well! he is making and keeping commitments so with a lot of prayers he will keep progressing. only sad part is that transfers are soon but thats ok. it will be sad to miss his baptism if i get transferred but i guess thats just all a part of mission life!
Sister Hymas woke up saturday morning feeling really sick and it has gotten worse. its not anything too bad its just a bad sore throat, headache, cough, stuffy nose, etc. We worked all day saturday and went to church sunday but she was just too sick so we spent all day sunday after church in the flat. Well, let me tell ya, that was weird.  Dont misunderstand me when i say this, but it was REALLY great to just get to stay in the flat all day. When does that ever happen?! Not often thats for sure. She spent the whole day sleeping and trying to get better. As for myself, I had a grand ole time! I went through the old area book from 5 yrs ago when the last sisters where here and tried to find some people to teach, i ate, i watched a movie about how families can be together forever. I tried to take a nap but my mind WOULD NOT let me. haha how sad is that? I seriously couldnt sleep because all i wanted to do was study! so i got up and studied for the rest of the time. I did some of what i like to call "selfish studying". This is where I got to study whatever i wanted that did not pertain to being a missionary! So of course i studied the doctrine and covenants because thats my favorite. Then this morning i made her breakfast in bed! it was so fun i got to be her mommy. and i made her dinner last night as well.
HAHAHA speaking of sister hymas, she told me this morning that i slept talked last night! And guess what? I was teaching a lesson to Harry in my sleep! I was teaching him about the 10 commandments and asking him quetions n such. Funny huh?
also, david is doing great! he has come to church 4 times in a row now and we dont even have to encourage him or call him or anything. he is making this journey back in to the church and im so grateful we were able to help initially get him back in. Also, he is praying and reading with his kids so hopefully his partner will give the ok soon for missionaries to come teach their family! (p.s. partner in england does not mean what it means in america. it just means spouse)
dad- I had a dream about your elections. Cant remember much but we were just doing a lot of campaining! How are they going?
mom- hi.how is tennis? how are things?
kirsten and josh- how is/was denmark?
zane- HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Sunday! wow, 33 years old. I swear those years just flew by! It seams like just yesterday you were only 26.
mary-how is florida and being the wife of someone who im sure is studying alll the time?
jacob-your pictures are cool. im assuming since i didnt get an email from you this week that you were in a serious car accident and that you have been stuck in a coma, in the hospital and you asked for a computer to email me but they wouldnt let you on the account of your in a coma and that actually would not even be possible for you to ask them cuz youre not talking. get better soon, no more car crashes.
gil-thanks for your email. i guess this is where the phrase "its the thought that counts" would come in. haha no i liked your email it was great. you make me laugh so keep it up.
sarah- how is school? i bet its really hard. good thing your smart or that would be a bummer huh?!
pokety- stay out of trouble. remember who you are. choose the right. keep your standards. do your homework. dont hang out with boys. keep your room clean. and write me letters:) love you.
bandit-you have my permission to rade the cupboards for any food that you want to eat.
jett- you've been in my dreams a couple times. thanks for the drawing.
jane-sorry but you have not been in my dreams, at all. i guess that means i dont love you as much. sorry its not my fault its just that you never talked or played on the tramp with me or told me you loved me or gave me hugs when i was around so its kinda inevitable since jett did all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment