Tuesday, October 1, 2013

family

Family,
WOW. a lot happened this week. I dont even know where to start. In fact, I dont think that I will start. I feel like I can't explain all of this to you in one short email so I think I will have to gather my thoughts about it in a journal entry then email that to you maybe next week. What I will say for now is this: I had an incredible spiritual experience this week. I felt the Holy Ghost in a way that I have never before, or atleast in a way that i have never recognized so clearly before. Long story short (for now) David will not be getting baptised. BUT its alright:) i look forward to sharing with you my experience sometime down the road.
Alright so here is just a whole bunch of random thoughts that i am about to pour out of this brain! ready go!:
The other week sister H and i taught relief society and it was great! we talked about member missionary work and it went so well! we hardly had time to prepare for it but the spirit definitely helped us out. There were people crying cuz they were really touched and hopefully this can help the ward!
I am really nervous I will not have warm enough clothes for this place...
Any time that I get sad or discouraged out here i just think to myself "atleast im not in school and having to take a test!" haha. It helps!
Oh! so here is a noteworthy thing! I had a cool experience this week. There was one night where I woke up in the middle of the night and out of nowhere the thought came to my head "I need to be an interior designer!" Whaaa??? Really random. I dont know why that happened cuz Im not sure if i was even dreaming about it. Then right after I thought "i need to tell my family and especially kirsten!" So...this is me telling you. Also, super crazy cuz just that day we had visited a couple in the ward and he was asking us about what we would be doing with our lives and how it is not a bad idea to start thinking about it. I remember I used to want to be an interior designer. I dont know what happened to that i think it kinda just faded. I think that I would like it a lot! Not sure if this was inspired or not but I think somewhere down the road I will find out! Thoughts??
I am runnin broke hur so I am trying to be really thrifty these days. Money would help. The main thing I need is just a winter wardrobe. But maybe not. It would be good for me to face the cold with just a wee sweater and broken healed boots because I think that it would help me to build an immunity to it! So maybe you should just not send anything and force me to adapt! But ya, money would be good. Oh! ALso maybe some wool sweaters and tights and gloves. I thought this might be a good idea: you could buy some online and then just have them shipped to my address! WOOL would be great. But as I am typing this i am realizing how needy and selfish i am sounding so maybe you should just disregard this whole paragraph. But nonetheless, my idea can still be accounted for a great idea so lets not discredit that. Sister Hymas said she found some great wool at "woolovers.com" website.
so here is for anyone who loves me: hey! so here is a crazy idea. what do you think the chances of you getting a thumb drive and putting music on it and sendin it my way are? you are probably really busy with school or work or soccer or being mayor or your kids or in china or denmark or florida so thats alright if you cant. it would be great but is not needed. what would be REALLY great would be DAVID ARCHULETA and KALAI church songs. We are allowed to listen to anything that does not drive the spirit away. i listen to my music now on just a thumbdrive so that is the best way.
WOw i sound so needy in this email! Surry. I promise im not this needy to my companion. Only when i make her give me a backrub or tell me a bedtime story or kill a spider (ok wait i kill ALL this spiders around this place. i have killed about 7 now).
 
is jacob still crossfitting?! i hope so. i miss it. i wear my crossfit shirt every night to bed. my arms have lost all muscle that they have ever had. i took a picture but am too embarrassed to send it. maybe i will have the courage next week...i still exercise though!
 i think that we have the best family in the world. Jake, this week for some reason i kept thinking about you during halloween when you handed out the candy and for some reason that was the funniest thing to me. you were in your spongebob costume and would just throw all the candy at all the children and give them each like 5 candy bars! i dont know why but that was really funny to me. if you do that again this halloween, i am really sad actually that i will miss out on it so maybe you can film it for me? ok anyway, yes we have the best family. i love you all SOOO much. anybody who ever gets to marry in to this family should have to pay like 50 cows cuz we really are the best.
 
last thing. i want to answer any questions that any of you have that i have forgotten about or have not had the chance to answer so this week just send me lists of questions that you might have if you have any! then i can answer them all in one go!
Love,
Sister Curtis
p.s. sorry i ramble on and on and all i do is ramble but its the best way to express my thoughts so sorry bout it!
sarah said that you cant see my pictures? thats cool. Let me know if that is the case cuz i will stop sendin them.
pictures:
1) jacob at the airport sneaking a picture before i left for england
2) swan that hissed at me!
3)england fog
4) a really attractive picture of me in the MTC a while back
 

No comments:

Post a Comment