Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#dopeopleevenstillusehashtags? #healthyshoes #triceppatches

Month 4! Can you believe it? i have survived 4 months as a sister missionary!
 
I really enjoyed this past week! Going in to London was great for the zone conference. One of my favorite subjects to study and learn about is the great apostasy so I was very grateful for the training. One day I will be able to understand it at president Jordan's level; I'm not quite there yet.
I have a miracle to report. This morning, on the bus ride over to email, I witnessed Sister Carvalho sit by a stranger and have an incredible gospel conversation with the woman! She practically taught her the first lesson on the bus. I could not have been more proud. Her english was great and she was very relaxed and clear. We have been trying really hard to help her talk with everyone. I can see her progressing so much and I learn by her example every day!
Our investigator Stephen is doing really well. He has now come to church 3 times and is still scheduled for baptism on November 9th. I pray so hard for his family but they seam to have no interest at all and we don't know what to do! I guess all that we can do is continue to pray and have faith and then be patient. Also, Stephen wants to write you guys a letter! a letter to the fam! he has already written most of it and will be sending it soon so be expecting that! Also, he would love to hear back from you so you can write him back as a family.
Lastly, our members are great! I can see that they so badly want to catch the wave of missionary work they just hesitate and are unsure. Slowly, though, they are starting to learn. We have taught them bread crumbs and they really enjoy that. This week we had a sister report to us that she has invited 2 of her friends (with families) to church and they accepted! Also, another sister has invited family friends to dinner. The Milton Keynes ward is growing and I am so grateful to be a part of it!
I have been praying for Papa and hope all is well! Also, hope they got my letter a while ago. Send them my love!
funny moment from sister carvalho this week: stephen talks about his health issues a lot and this week sister c finally asked me why he always talks about his "healthy shoes". she was like "what are healthy shoes?" ahahaha. i love having a companion who speaks english as a second language.
also, i heard they have a new temple film!? whaaa???? i cannot tell you how BADLY i want to go to the temple!!! my goodness. i challenge you all to go in the next 2 weeks. i will be following up on this challenge. i can go in 14 months! wahoo!
Dad, I LOVED reading one of your journal entrys from your mission! I have a cool thing going where I am writing all of my journal entries to my future family ("dear future family"). It's great because it helps me keep an eternal perspective. I plan to give it to my children to read while they are on their missions! I think it would be great to read more from your journal! If possible, i would love for you to send it to me! Also, I really liked the picture of you on your mission. you are so young! havent aged a bit though dont worry.
Mom, so sad about your story and how you stressed about getting my email to me but never did. It's ok it only ruined my entire week. Haha no dont worry about it, it was all the better because I got 3 emails from you this week! As far as a package goes, I know that for christmas packages we will have to pay aroudn 40 to pick up the package. I dont know if its a special thing for christmas time cuz there are so many packages or if its in general. Pretty sure its just christmas. But are you
Kirsten and Josh, hello!!
Mary, I loved your story! I will share it with the fam: An amazing missionary story from one of my Laurels, Preslie: She has a close nonmember friend at school and was driving in her in her [friend's] father's car with her last week. Before she got out of the car, she saw a Book of Mormon! She said, "Rachel, did you know that you have a Book of Mormon under your seat?" Rachel said "What?! I'm calling my dad." She called him and he said "Oh yeah, it's my girlfriend's she's Mormon." Her parents are divorced. She didn't know he had a GF let alone a Mormon one! The next day at school, Rachel came up to Preslie and said "Guess what I did last night? I read the Book of Mormon!" Preslie was shocked! Rachel said "Oh yeah I read all about Nephi and those guys." Isn't that amazing?! All on her own! end of story. What a great way to spread the gospel! Put Books of Mormon in everybodies cars. I think I may have to try doing that.
Zane and mary, I loved all of the halloween pictures. Especially the 49ers pumpkins! Well done. Update on the Jazz?
Nicole, you looked way too pretty in that picture from Homecoming. I guess I need to start telling you to stop growing up as well. Anyone else agree?
Sarah, thank youuu for your looong email! wow. it was so fun to read. i laughed. Also, sorry about the pants ripping but hey isnt that the style nowadays? i looooove your elbow patches!!!! i have 2 sweaters with elbow patches. actually i take that back. I have one sweater with elbow patches and one sweater with tricep patches. haha they were not very wise in choosing their placement of the patches so they harldy cover my elbows. thats ok though. tricep patches! oh also, i love D&C!! You are soooo lucky that you get to have a class on it! i am FOR SURE taking that class when i get back i have already planned it. isnt it so amazing?
Gilliam, ditto to what i said to sarah except for i need to point out that i laughed even harder when i read your email. hahaha mom is so funny.
Chicki, Hi! are you going to serve a mission? you should!
Jett and Jane, stop growing up.
Bandit, PLEEEASE keep yourself healthy and living for when I get home!!! I miss you!!
 
i love you all soooo much! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Love,
Sister Curtis
 
pictures:
in the ghetto estate that we are not supposed to walk through at night..fishermead. found some pants (their term for it) on the railing. hahaha
pretty double rainbow last week! me at the bottom but i am really dark so you cant actually see me. camera decided to block me out. thats cool.
 
 at zone conference this past week. holding the golden plates! actual size and weight. to be honest, it was a little depressing holding them on the account of they seemed to be pretty heavy but i know if it were 5 months ago i could have kettlebell swinged those babies! oh well!
  my doodles for halloween. so excited! sorry the day is not planned yet so please excuse the empty spaces. note though that we have a trunk or treat at night that we get to go to! so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment