Monday, September 2, 2013

englandooo

Hiya! (thats how they say it here)
 
not a lot to say this week but i figured i said a lot last week so that makes up for it!
 
1.So I have not officially completed my first transfer! how exciting, right? I think I will have 12 transfers total so wahoo! So, drum roll please...I am staying in Milton Keynes! And I get to stay with Sister Hymas as well! We still have work to do with milton keynes. We could both feel it that we would stay. Many miracles waiting for us!
2.So last week we had a mission wide meeting and Elder Evans from the 70 spoke to us. LISTEN TO THIS. He told us that there is no finer mission president than President Jordan, my mission president. How cool is that?! Of all of the mission presidents he told us ours is the best! (he didnt say best but cmon we all know thats what he meant). President Jordan is amazing though, for sure.
3. Last week sister hymas and i knocked on a womans door who let us in and was super nice and we talked with her for a while. She is catholic and told us we could never convert her but she is really nice so we still like talking with her and who knows! anyway, she told us of how her husband died from MS years ago and i told her about Samantha Gramse and how she is fighting MS. Well that night we got a phone call from this lady and it was the cutest thing ever cuz she asked me what my cousins name was who has MS because she wanted to pray for her! So extra blessings coming Sams way!
4. How did soccer tryouts go for nokes?
5. One of the biggest things that I have learned on my mission (i guess two) is that I was immature and did not have my priorities straight before. I knew that family, and the gospel came first. But often times we get so caught up in silly things at home. I have had to do a lot of repenting for not reading my scriptures enough, not focusing on the Savior enough, and focusing too much on things of the world. I know its only been a little over a month but I feel like I have grown so much! Which is way cool cuz think about how much more I can grow with my time left! Missions are great. HARD. But great. I can't imagine not having this time to grow for myself and focus on the gospel. Myself personally, I needed this step in order to progress. There are plenty of people out there who are able to progress without the help of a mission but I know that it would have been hard for me. So PROPS to all you people out there who are able to skip this step. Point of rant: I like who I'm becoming.
6. Can i get some family history from ancestors from england? Or from other places? there is an elder curtis here and i want to see if we are related! Also, am i related to a ray curtis? He was a mission president here back in the day.
7. I am really grateful for you, Mom and Dad. You are the best parents out of all of the parents on the earth for sure. Thanks for being such great examples and for raising all of us the way you have. Dad, I hope that one day I can marry a man like you. Mom, I hope that one day I can be the Mom that you have been to me.
Love you all,
Sister Curtis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment